Answer the following questions to reflect on this class during 1st semester.
1. What is the most useful thing you have learned in this course?
2. What suggestions would you give other students to get the most out of this course?
3. In what area of this course do you think you have improved the most? Why?
4. List 3-4 ways that you think you have developed or grown as a result of your work in this course?
5. What skills have you developed in this course and how will you use them in your other classes?
6 What problems have you encountered in this course and how have you solved them or how do you plan to over come them 2nd semester?
7. What assignment in this course do you think is your best work? Why?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
Vincent T. Lombardi
What do you think of when you hear the word
What do you want to be successful at in your life?
How many of you feel that you are successful in your role as a student? Why or why not?
Pick one successful person that you know and list the qualities
that you think have made them successful.
Finally – find a quote on-line that best describes what you think of success, copy and paste the quote being sure to include who
Make sure to comment to two students.
As a Freshman this is your first time that community service hours are required, but why do we as teachers find it an important part of your education.
I have listed a website above written about community service. Your job for this DQ is to write an article for publication much like the one above. You are to persuade your peers and others to get involved in community service.
Your writing must be persuasive and must be with proper writing. Use your personal opinion and any research you can do on the topic (remember to site sources).
You will need provide feedback to two students - either about how their post has persuade you or how they can write their article better. Any advice needs to be constructive and will allow the writer time to correct errors before being graded. So help your peers.
Due to my sickness and not getting a DQ up in time we will not be having a DQ this week. I will post on Wed the next two DQ's so you can work ahead.
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.