Thank you for your honest answers and comments. Overall I found that most of you have learned something from the DQ's, some of you don't see a purpose and others of you just don't like to have homework. I have decided that we will continue with the DQ with a little change.
Havin and Tyler both presented the idea of extra credit for the DQ and so I will be offering an extra credit options this week only for DQ.
Most of you wanted something FUN and although that seems like it would be a great idea, the main purpose of the DQ is for you to learn about topics that are related to either Digitools or Business Communication material. Ally understands this as she gave the idea of fun topics but pointed out that there is no relationship to that and the class.
Most of you complained that it was hard to remember and that you ended up doing them on Friday night because you are to busy to do your ONE and ONLY homework assignment in this class. Emily thought maybe we should be given a topic and type it and then read to the class. I think this is a good idea and I will use it with the DQ, but it will still be done outside as HOMEWORK!!!
I am glad to hear that most of you feel that the DQ is a place you can state your opinion without fear of what you say. Some of you wanted to have these relate more to your future, and so the next DQ's presented to you from me will be about Job Interviewing.
So future DQ's will look like this:
1. I will post them on Friday's instead of Monday (that is for those who wanted the weekend, Teresa)
2. There will be a reminder in class (at AdreAnna's request) because you will have to print out your response (or have it in writing) to give to a peer for corrections with proofreading marks by Wednesday at the beginning of class.
3. You will be given 15 minutes on Friday's to finish and submit any posts you haven't done.
4. You will no longer post comments to others because as Teresa pointed out you are writing the same thing over and over again.
5. Finally you will be given 5 extra credit points for posting prior to Wednesday, that is for those like Adam and Dylan who aren't procrastinators.
Oh and Jack for those without Internet next year (Dylan doesn't have Internet at home but is still finding a way to get them done). :)
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.