This DQ will be in regards to a very controversial issue that the Internet has caused an increase in. First we will look at plagiarism and then piracy.
Answer the questions that are presented for your Initial Response (200 words in paragraph format). You must pick one student that you disagree with one or more of their statements and explain to them why you disagree and give facts to them that would help them change their mind (50+ words). Then for your second reply to a student you will reply back to a student that has disagreed with you to either defend your point or explain why they have changed your mind (50+ words). If no one responds to you by Thursday - you will earn your other 5 points the following week.
1.What is plagiarism?
2.Why do you think people plagiarize?
3. Have you ever broken copyright rules? Why or why not?
4. Are you for or against CD burning, massive photocopying and pirate copies, what are your reasons for this?
5. What do you think of the growing trend in downloading
ready-made essays from the Internet?
6. What do you think of the growing trend in downloading music and movies from the Internet?
7.How can we prevent plagiarism?
1. What is piracy?
2. What kind of things can be pirated?
3. Have you ever seen pirated goods for sale?
4. Why are pirated products cheaper?
5. Do you think that pirated products are just as good?
6. How can we prevent piracy?
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.