Read the summary article on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens (click here). Then answer the following questions. Please number you answers and use complete sentences and proper English to answer the questions. You must use your OWN words to answer the questions.
1. Be Proactive: What does it mean to be proactive? What qualities are needed to be proactive? Can you discern in your own life the difference between what you can influence and what you cannot? How proactive are you in your classes...in your daily life?
2. Begin With the End In Mind: How do you define your own personal principles? Have you established a goal/mission for this year? What would (or is) you goal? - Be specific!!!
3. Put Things First: How do you manage your time? What to you put priority on when organizing your time?
4. Think Win/Win: What is win/win (you may need to use the Internet to find this answer in more detail)? Give an example from your own experience where you achieved (or not) a win/win situation?
5. Understand/Understood: What does this mean...and how is it relevant to your life?
6. Synergize: What does synergy mean and how does it apply to personal effectiveness? How does it differ from the Win/Win principle? Can you think of how synergy might work in your own life?
7. Sharpen the Saw: What does it mean to achieve "balance"? Can you apply this principle to your own situation?
After you have answered the questions. You need to read 2 other students responses and respond back to them in support of their statements or to respectfully disagree and explain why. Remember we first need to Understand before we can be Understood.
Remember if you didn't get full credit for DQ#2 because you weren't able to respond to someone on your post last week make sure to check that post as well and make a response back by Wednesday - September 21st for opportunity for full credit.
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.