Answer the following questions in 300+ word essay. NO response to other students this week. DO NOT number the response - please put in essay format.
1. What do you think the purpose of Veterans Day is?
2. What makes a person a veteran?
3.Do you believe that a strong military more important, less important, or of the same importance today as it was 50 years ago? Explain your answer.
4. What, if any, duties do governments have to their war veterans? Do you believe that your country treats its veterans as they deserve to be treated? Why or why not?
5. Should women be allowed to serve in the armed forces? Why or why not?
6. Veterans of the past and of the present literally risk--and sometimes sacrifice--their lives to protect our lives and freedoms. What can we as private individuals do to honor these men and women?
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.