The Sandy Hook Elementary Tragedy is something that has affected me in many ways because of having a kindergarten child, but also being a teacher.
The topic can be hard to address and cause people to become emotional, but as a student you need to be aware of the issue as it may have an affect on you in the future. We may be removed from the situation but with the world as small as it is because of technology we will all be affected.
Please answer the following questions and then respond to two
students, but please make sure to follow the blogging code of conduct to not offend others when disagreeing or agreeing.
1. How do you feel about the tragedy and has it affected you? How?
2. Do you feel safe at school?
Why or Why not?
Read the following article regarding President Obama’s speech at the Vigil on Sunday evening. Respond to the following 4
questions regarding the speech.
Article on Obama's Speech
1. Do you agree with President Obama that we need change to prevent these tragedies? Why or Why not?
2. What do you think can be done in our community to prevent violent acts?
3. What can we do as a nation to prevent innocent lives from being taken in such tragic ways?
4. Has the media created these situations?
Why or Why not?
Read the following article and provide your opinion on the issue. Then be sure to respond to others about their opinions. Remember it is great to disagree but when we disagree we need to think about the words used and how they may be interpreted
by others. You will get a handout in class on Monday about blogging etiquette, be sure to follow these when you
reply. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we don’t have to agree, but we do have to allow them to voice that opinion and be responsible when we disagree to not be rude.
Mrs. Miller will use the blog to help students ask questions, remember what we did in class and just a place to discuss class topics.